Bulk Slivered Almonds Blanched
$42.00 – $143.00
Ingredients: Almonds (Pasteurized).
5 lb. box: $42.00
10 lb. box: $75.00
25 lb. box: $143.00
As a leading provider of online bulk dried fruit and nuts, Gourmet Nuts and Dried Fruit excels at choosing only high-quality sources for their products. Our bulk blanched slivered almonds are the cream of the almond crop from California.
About Our Bulk Slivered Almonds Blanched
Almonds trace their origins to the Middle East and Central Asia. One of the earliest cultivated fruit trees, the selection of the sweet almond that we enjoy today from the bitter cyanide-containing almond varieties is an example of one of the original forms of fruit domestication. The term “blanched” refers to the process of removing the brown skins from almonds by soaking them in hot water. The result is a creamy white nut that is less tannic and has a smoother texture in cooking and baking applications. Finally, the almonds are then put in the slicer for the maximum crunch while still thinly cut. Our almonds are carefully chosen from the world’s top almond crops and delivered fresh to your doorstep.
- In a trail mix: slivered almonds mixed with dried fruit make a snack that will boost your energy and help combat cravings between meals.
- For breakfast: add a handful of our bulk blanched slivered almonds to your smoothie for a nutty protein boost.
- In salads: blanched slivered almonds lend elegance and a satisfying crunch.
- Explore world cuisines by making Chinese almond jelly, Indian Thandai ice cream and Middle Eastern carrot-cumin-almond hummus with blanched slivered almonds!
- For gluten-free baking: many gluten-free recipes call for almond meal, but almond meal is expensive and very perishable. Our slivered almonds allow you to make batches of fresh almond meal much more economically by simply pulsing the almonds in a food processor. Grind them down until you get to the desired texture of almond meal.
Due to their high oil content, we recommend storing our bulk blanched slivered almonds in the refrigerator. In the cold and dark, their shelf life is up to 4 months. They will keep for up to 9 months in the freezer. While in the freezer, they can be defrosted and re-frozen without a loss of flavor or texture.
Click here to read the entire list of the nutritional benefits of almonds.
Our almonds are rich in protein, making them an ideal part of a healthy diet. Anyone looking to build muscle or simply increase their protein intake already knows about the benefits of the almond. Almonds also contain high levels of biotin, vitamin e, and manganese, among other nutrients.