If you’re NUTS for summer BBQs then we’ve got some ideas for you!
The good old-fashioned summer BBQ is a steadfast American tradition, here’s how to make yours stand out from the crowd. Naturally. The great American Summer BBQ season is now in full swing. Here are 7 ways to make your party stand out from your neighbors.
Summertime is hot!
Your backyard guests will need to be kept hydrated.
Instead of just serving plain old-fashioned water – take a tip from the spa crowd and
Table of Contents
- 1. Add some fresh fruit and vegetables to the mix.
- 2. Use Old Kiddie Pools as Giant Coolers for Your Event
- 3. Don’t Let Your Guests Get “Bugged Down”
- 4. Add Lights (so the party is sure to go after hours)
- 5. Don’t Forget The Lawn Games
- 6. Create a Stationary Tables-cape or 2
- 7. Last But Not Least, Don’t Forget The Music
1. Add some fresh fruit and vegetables to the mix.
Lemon, lime, cucumber and fresh berries all create a pretty as well as tasty addition to otherwise boring H2O.
You can make a big batch in advance, allowing some time for the nutrients and flavors to infuse the water, and then refill pitchers all afternoon. Top each one off with a sprig or two of fresh mint as a beautiful, finishing garnish.
2. Use Old Kiddie Pools as Giant Coolers for Your Event
It’s a festive way to keep sodas, beers, and other beverages refreshing all day long.
3. Don’t Let Your Guests Get “Bugged Down”
Set around decorative bowls filled with items like fans and sunscreen. The tiniest of amenities can make all the difference for their long-term comfort at your BBQ.
4. Add Lights (so the party is sure to go after hours)
Remember: The more creative the light displays the greater the ambiance.
5. Don’t Forget The Lawn Games
Favorites like horseshoes, bocci ball, and even tic tac toe can go a long way to add enjoyment to your event. You can even do something more creative like paint rocks and a stump for an ‘au natural’ games of tic-tac-toe. Games are a requirement of the Summer BBQ season.
6. Create a Stationary Tables-cape or 2
While most of your tables will be for the “real food” your guests will require for the energy to have fun, it doesn’t hurt to set up one or stationary masterpieces topped with seasonally appropriate decorations.
Dried flowers, seashells and other characteristic summer treasures can be placed on this table to stimulate enlightening conversations and reminiscence about summer memories of long ago.
7. Last But Not Least, Don’t Forget The Music
Prepare a playlist in advance filled with a range of tunes from all decades. The only thing to remember, is that each of them should bring about great summer feelings.
Good Luck with Your Summer Fiestas
Need healthy snacks to feed guests in between hamburgers and skewers?