Gifting fruit baskets during the holiday season is an old tradition. At the turn of the last century, children would receive their only orange of the year as a Christmas gift. Why not give this old tradition of gifting fruit during the holidays an updated twist by using a gift tray of dried fruits instead?
Dried fruits offer unique health benefits as well. Due to the fact most of the water is extracted from dried fruits, their nutrients are condensed into a small package. The European Food Information Council reports that dried fruits like apricots, raisins, prunes and figs contain high amounts of beta carotene, vitamin E, niacin, iron, magnesium, potassium and calcium.
We suggest you purchase dried fruits in bulk and then give these gifts your personal touch by creating pretty display trays. Gourmet Nuts and Dried fruit sells 25 pound boxes of all the most delicious dried fruit varieties. Choosing 5 varieties of dried fruits in 25 pound box increments will allow you to create approximately 50 trays. That should cover the list from top to bottom — from acquaintances that invite you to parties, to your best friends and close family. You may even be able to keep a few spare trays at home for last minute invites.
A few easy steps to get you started with a gift tray of dried fruits:
- Find a variety of trays you can buy online by performing a quick search with keywords like, “buy empty food gift tray baskets”. Here are the results from Amazon. You can find an example of the search results you may receive at this link.
- After you have chosen the look of the trays you prefer to use, you will need to buy dried fruits in bulk. You can purchase 4 or 5 different varieties here at Gourmet Nuts and Dried Fruit. Link directly to our dried fruit selection here.
- These are the items that we used for the picture used in this blog.
Mango Slices Natural Organic
Pineapple Rings Natural
Papaya Spears Natural
Cherries Dried Premium Red Tart
- Once you have received the trays and all of your dried fruit varieties via the mail, it’s time to assemble. Make enough trays to treat each of your party hosts, friends, and family. As we mentioned above, you should keep a few spare trays handy. Always need to be ready for last minute party invites or for friends who stop by unannounced.
- You can place the dried fruits on the tray in creative patterns or simply joggle them together like a snack mix. If this all seems too healthy for you, accent with tiny chocolates or M&Ms.
- Last but not least, you can purchase additional accoutrements such as tulle and ribbon on websites like Save-On-Crafts. Use these festive accents to wrap the trays to look like gifts.
Voila! You have a personalized, creative and healthy present for everyone on your holiday gifting list. Deliver your gift tray of dried fruits by hand or by mail.
If this seems like too much work for you, we can customize trays for all of your needs. Email us for further information. We hope you enjoy a healthy, happy and “fruitful” holiday season and new year.